Here at Hey Pharmacist, we are fully embracing the world of digital. It is our mission to make your life easier by removing the faff out of ordering your NHS repeat prescription. Part of that in giving you the option to collect your medication from your chosen pharmacy.
Why choose collection?
Even before the pandemic, pharmacies have been playing a vital role in our communities. A place we can all confidently confide in to not only safely provide us with medication, but also a reliable source of health advice and reassurance. We want to continue pushing the importance of community pharmacy and ensure that pharmacies can positively move into the digital future to continue helping you with all of your needs.
Below are some notable benefits to choosing pharmacy collection:
- Collecting from your local pharmacy is fast and free
- You are able to receive face-to-face health advice from a professional
- You’ll have the confidence that your NHS repeat prescription will remain private between you, your pharmacist, and your GP
- Collect your medication when it’s convenient for you
- Pick up your pharmacy-only medication, or book a service
How do I select a pharmacy for collection?
Selecting your preferred pharmacy is simple. Head on down to your local community pharmacy to activate Hey Pharmacist.
This is where you collect a leaflet from the store with a QR code and a unique pharmacy ID (shown below)
- If you have an iOS device, the QR code can be scanned via your camera
- If you have an android device, you will have to download a QR code reader from the Play Store.
- If you don’t use the QR code or having trouble scanning, you can register here.
- Enter the provided unique pharmacy ID and register for the service.
- Once you’ve registered and placed your order, select your preferred pharmacy at checkout screen.
The unique pharmacy code, provided on the leaflet, is what you can scan to directly connect your preferred pharmacy to your Hey Pharmacist app. This means that your prescription will be sent to your selected pharmacy when you come to collect your medication.
The alternative method is manually selecting your preferred pharmacy via the Hey Pharmacist app.
Upon signing up and adding your prescription, you will be required to search for pharmacies near to your postcode, simply select the one that’s best for you! We are connected to over 3000 pharmacies in the country, so it’s likely your local community pharmacy will support Hey Pharmacist.